XRPi / XRLin / Xrouter
XRpi is a proprietary, monolithic, colourful, multilingual, closed source AX.25 and TCP/IP packet router program which is very flexible, is a testbed for new ideas, and is still actively being developed.
The project is looking for more ideas about what direction it could go in future, to inspire development.
The program has its own AX.25, NET/ROM and TCP/IP stacks, and the author has extended NET/ROM to allow HTTP and file transfer between nodes, short messaging, automatic PMS forwarding, “standard services” and lots more.
The config file is very BPQ-like, although some of the concepts are a little different. The sysop interface is old-skool- there's an inbuilt web server, with some HTML control, but the program cannot be reconfigured via HTTP.
Member experiences with XRPi greatly appreciated - it looks interesting and capable!
Below is the latest version of Xrouter for Pi or PC
Usage / tips
- xrouter as of 502r is a TUI which currently runs interactively, so run it within tmux or screen if you want to background it
- run ./xrlin502r on x86/64 or ./xrpi502 on Pi
- You need to set up XROUTER.CFG, example soon
- Alt-X or “Exit 1” command to exit
- left and right arrows move between windows
- F1 for help in each window, escape to exit help
- Console window + F2 + F3 sorts out monitoring
- Console window takes commands- e.g. C M0AAA to try to connect