Online Amateur Radio Community Wiki
You can join the Online Amateur Radio Community Discord Server at www.oarc.uk/join
Welcome to the Online Amateur Radio Community Wiki. We are a UK online based community, here to have fun and experiment with amateur radio – An Amateur Radio (Ham Radio) club providing members Support, Advice, and Community, without Committee. Our community is hosted on the popular Discord platform, that provides 24/7 chat and meeting facilities.
This is the Wiki for our community and has extra information on lots of different topics of radio and more.
Online ARC is a RSGB affiliated community that was formed on 28th May 2020 during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic. We have currently over 1,500 registered members registered on our Discord Server. We would ask anyone who would like to join to read our Constitution here.
Wiki registration is available on our Discord in the Wiki channel.
- Club Callsigns - 14 Club Callsigns available for use by Full Licencees who are members.
- Useful Links - all sorts of links for organisations, modes, software etc
- Ideas Page - A scratchpad for ideas for things to do or that need doing for OARC
- Membership Stats - Simple membership stats from Discord
- Brickworks Member Achievements
- Archive - Move links to pages no longer required on start page or elsewhere
- Sandboxes - Have a play on the wiki
- Community Reps and Activity Leads - Who's Who on Discord
- New Member Info - New to OARC? Then this is for you.
- Member List - Added by members themselves
- Members Map - Added by Members
- Member Articles - DIY guides, tutorials, and member projects
- Pastebin - A space for members to paste notes or other text
- A-Z List of Pages - complete list of all pages
- Acronyms and Jargon list - common terms, simple explanations
- Amateur Radio: What is it? - A simple guide to what Amateur / Ham Radio is
- Bands and Modes - a rough guide to what you'll find where
- Battery Advice - member recommendations on batteries for portable use.
- Data and Packet Radio in the 2020 - Packet, TNC, general station advice
- Digital Modes Setup - How to setup different components of your station for digital modes
- DX Code of Conduct - Make every contact a positive experience
- EMF Guidance - making sense of the new Ofcom EMF requirements
- FAQ - Discord and OARC FAQs
- Glossary of amateur radio terms - a list of some of the terms you will meet in amateur radio
- Ham Radio Discord - Other Ham Radio Related Discord Servers
- Ham Radio News Amateur Radio News Feeds (auto-updated)
- Health - Including Mental Health
- ISS SSTV Gallery - club members efforts at capturing SSTV images from ISS
- Leaflet: What on Earth are they doing? - SOTA etc Leaflet
- Members' Bookshelf - Reference books (inc. callbooks & radio magazines)
- Member Challenges - Members who are doing self challenges
- Morse/CW - training resources and useful links
- National Societies - Amateur Radio National Societies around the world
- New To Radio and what to get to get on air
- Operating Abroad - read this before packing your radio in your suitcase
- Pi-Star Hotspot - A guide to set up your Pi-Star as a DMR Hotspot
- Radio Accessibility - For Radio Amateurs with Disabilities
- Rallies and Festivals - a list of events across the U.K.
- Repeaters - Member heard map for Repeaters
- QSO Samples How to make QSOs (various modes)
- Packet Radio with a NinoTNC kit - building your own TNC - also why not all Baofengs and clones are the same…
- SOTA Personal Equipment - advice on protecting yourself during SOTA or similar expeditions
- Weather Stations - setting up your own meteorological station
- Youtube Videos - links to amateur radio channels and video resources