Table of Contents
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- If you have a question, ask here, and we will attempt to answer
- what is SIP service?
- how do I use the digital bridge?
- How to I join OARC
- Visit https://www.oarc.uk/join and click Image or the Click Here link and we use the Discord platform
- What is Discord
- Discord is a VoIP, instant messaging and digital distribution platform designed for creating communities. Users communicate with voice calls, video calls, text messaging, media and files in private chats or as part of communities called “servers” (quote Wikipedia)
- How do become a member on this Wiki?
- Please visit #wiki-discussion on the Discord server, and make a request there. One of the Admins will ask for an email (which you can PM to them), so we can set you up. We will use your main callsign as username and give you a temp password.
- Do the Community have a Club Callsign?
- See table for callsigns we can use as a club. The member would need a Full UK licence holder themselves, or be supervised but Full Licence holder, and a Community Member.
|Location||Callsign||Club Callsign||Last Activity|
|Isle of Man||MD0OUK||MT0OUK||No Activity|
|Northern Ireland||MI0OUK||MN0OUK||No Activity|
Training and Development
- Do you offer Amateur Radio Training?
- Yes. We offer Foundation, Intermediate, & Full training. You can also visit the Discord chat #course-registration room or https://www.oarc.uk/course-details for more details.
- I have my licence, but I'm a bit rusty, or have returned to the hobby after some time away.
- We are going to be offering an Open Study group. This group won't have a formal agenda, but will focus on topics which people have requested at the previous meeting.
oarcfaq.txt · Last modified: 2021/05/13 14:10 by m0tzo