Online Amateur Radio Community Wiki
You can join the Online Amateur Radio Community Discord Server at www.oarc.uk/join
Welcome to the Online Amateur Radio Community Wiki. We are a UK online based community, here to have fun and experiment with amateur radio – An Amateur Radio (Ham Radio) club providing members Support, Advice, and Community, without Committee. Our community is hosted on the popular Discord platform, that provides 24/7 chat and meeting facilities.
This is the Wiki for our community and has extra information on lots of different topics of radio and more.
Online ARC is a RSGB affiliated community that was formed on 28th May 2020 during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic. We have currently over 1,500 registered members registered on our Discord Server. We would ask anyone who would like to join to read our Constitution here.
- Club Callsigns - 14 Club Callsigns available for use by Full Licencees who are members.
- Useful Links - all sorts of links for organisations, modes, software etc
- Ideas Page - A scratchpad for ideas for things to do or that need doing for OARC
- OARC PBX - Information about our community VOIP switchboard
- Membership Stats - Simple membership stats from Discord
- Archive - Move links to pages no longer required on start page or elsewhere
- Sandboxes - Have a play on the wiki
- Community Reps and Activity Leads - Who's Who on Discord
- New Member Info - New to OARC? Then this is for you.
- Member List - Added by members themselves
- Member Articles - DIY guides, tutorials, and member projects
- Pastebin - A space for members to paste notes or other text
- A-Z List of Pages - complete list of all pages
- Acronyms and Jargon list - common terms, simple explanations
- Amateur Radio: What is it? - A simple guide to what Amateur / Ham Radio is
- Bands and Modes - a rough guide to what you'll find where
- Battery Advice - member recommendations on batteries for portable use.
- Data and Packet Radio in the 2020 - Packet, TNC, general station advice
- Digital Modes Setup - How to setup different components of your station for digital modes
- DX Code of Conduct - Make every contact a positive experience
- EMF Guidance - making sense of the new Ofcom EMF requirements
- FAQ - Discord and OARC FAQs
- Glossary of amateur radio terms - a list of some of the terms you will meet in amateur radio
- Ham Radio Discord - Other Ham Radio Related Discord Servers
- Ham Radio News Amateur Radio News Feeds (auto-updated)
- Health - Including Mental Health
- ISS SSTV Gallery - club members efforts at capturing SSTV images from ISS
- Leaflet: What on Earth are they doing? - SOTA etc Leaflet
- Members' Bookshelf - Reference books (inc. callbooks & radio magazines)
- Morse/CW - training resources and useful links
- New To Radio and what to get to get on air
- Operating Abroad - read this before packing your radio in your suitcase
- Pi-Star Hotspot - A guide to set up your Pi-Star as a DMR Hotspot
- Radio Accessibility - For Radio Amateurs with Disabilities
- Rallies and Festivals - a list of events across the U.K.
- Repeaters - Member heard map for Repeaters
- QSO Samples How to make QSOs (various modes)
- Packet Radio with a NinoTNC kit - building your own TNC - also why not all Baofengs and clones are the same…
- SOTA Personal Equipment - advice on protecting yourself during SOTA or similar expeditions
- Weather Stations - setting up your own meteorological station
- Youtube Videos - links to amateur radio channels and video resources