Online Amateur Radio Community Wiki
You can join the Online Amateur Radio Community Discord Server at www.oarc.uk/join
Welcome to the Online Amateur Radio Community Wiki. We are a UK online based community, here to have fun and experiment with amateur radio – An Amateur Radio (Ham Radio) club providing members Support, Advice, and Community, without Committee. Our community is hosted on the popular Discord platform, that provides 24/7 chat and meeting facilities.
This is the Wiki for our community and has extra information on lots of different topics of radio and more.
Online ARC is a RSGB affiliated community that was formed on 28th May 2020 during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic. We have currently over 1,900 registered members registered on our Discord Server. We would ask anyone who would like to join to read our Constitution here.
Wiki registration is available on our Discord in the Wiki channel.
- The Rubber Duck Pub Night - 1st & 3rd Saturday each month is Pub Night
- OARC SOTA Activity Day 2024 - Details for 2024 and reports from 2022/2023 here
- Autumn OARC Portable Day 2022 - sign up for Portable day here.
- TBD - EI SOTA / POTA Day 2023 - sign up for Portable day here.
- OARC's very own ADS-B Flight Tracking project - help feed us data!
- Packet radio - a very active project as we try and rebuild a network and learn about this technology
- Club Callsigns - Club Callsigns available for use by members who are Full licensees.
- Useful Links - all sorts of links for organisations, modes, software etc
- Slow to Medium Speed CW Net Format - the running order and glossary for our Slow to Medium Speed CW Net
- Ideas Page - A scratchpad for ideas for things to do or that need doing for OARC
- Membership Stats - Simple membership stats from Discord
- Brickworks Member Achievements
- Archive - Move links to pages no longer required on start page or elsewhere
- Sandboxes - Have a play on the wiki
- Dokuwiki Formatting - How to use Dokuwiki markup language
- Community Reps and Activity Leads - Who's Who on Discord
- New Member Info - New to OARC? Then this is for you.
- Member List - Added by members themselves
- Members Map - Added by Members
- Member Articles - DIY guides, tutorials, and member projects
- Pastebin - A space for members to paste notes or other text
- A-Z List of Pages - complete list of all pages
- Acronyms and Jargon list - common terms, simple explanations
- The Amateurs Alphabet - Amateur Radio Jargon Buster
- Amateur Radio: What is it? - A simple guide to what Amateur / Ham Radio is
- Bands and Modes - a rough guide to what you'll find where
- Battery Advice - member recommendations on batteries for portable use.
- Digital Modes Setup - How to setup different components of your station for digital modes
- DX Code of Conduct - Make every contact a positive experience
- Emergency Comms - Including Raynet
- EMF Guidance - making sense of the new Ofcom EMF requirements
- FAQ - Discord and OARC FAQs
- Flight Tracking (ADSB) - ADSB Flight Tracking
- Glossary of amateur radio terms - a list of some of the terms you will meet in amateur radio
- Ham Radio Discord - Other Ham Radio Related Discord Servers
- Ham Radio News Amateur Radio News Feeds (auto-updated)
- Health - Including Mental Health
- Ham Radio History - Events and more about Ham Radio History
- ISS SSTV Gallery - club members efforts at capturing SSTV images from ISS
- Leaflet: What on Earth are they doing? - SOTA etc Leaflet
- Members' Bookshelf - Reference books (inc. callbooks & radio magazines)
- Member Challenges - Members who are doing self challenges
- Morse/CW - training resources and useful links
- National Societies - Amateur Radio National Societies around the world
- New To Radio and what to get to get on air
- Operating Abroad - read this before packing your radio in your suitcase
- Packet radio - build wide scale low/medium speed networks with amateur gear
- Pi-Star Hotspot - A guide to set up your Pi-Star as a DMR Hotspot
- Propagation - Propagation Information
- Radio Accessibility - For Radio Amateurs with Disabilities
- Rallies and Festivals - a list of events across the U.K.
- Radios - Directory of current/common radios
- Repeaters - Member heard map for Repeaters
- QSO Samples How to make QSOs (various modes)
- Software Building How to build software from source code
- SOTA By Public Transport - Article on software to help with doing SOTA via public Transport
- SOTA Personal Equipment - advice on protecting yourself during SOTA or similar expeditions
- Weather Stations - setting up your own meteorological station
- WebSDR Directory - listing of known UK-centric web SDRs
- Winlink primer - Information on how to get started with Winlink.
- Youtube Videos - links to amateur radio channels and video resources